Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Harry Potter Studios

Harry Potter is a huge part of my childhood. I grew up reading the books, getting overly excited to go see the movies and even attending book launch parties. I dressed up as Hermione for Halloween, had a stuffed Hedwig, and even did a university research paper on the phenomenon!
So how could I possibly go to London and NOT see the studios where all the magic was created?! So I did, and let me tell you, it's an experience I'll never forget.

The Warner Brothers Studios in Leavesden (which is where most WB productions are filmed in London, not just Harry Potter) are just outside London (about 30 minutes by train), then another 15-20 minutes by shuttle (there's a special Harry Potter-decorated bus) that takes you straight to the front door of the studios.

From there, you enter in the Studios. They used two sound stages and a backlot to exhibit all the props, costumes, set pieces they could fit, as well as animatronic pieces, makeup techniques (masks, hair pieces, etc) and even Platform 9 3/4 and the Hogwarts Express (which used to be a real train, by the way)!






We even got to try some real Butterbeers in the Backlot café, which were absolutely delicious! We must've spent a solid 3 hours in there minimum, and if I would have gone alone, I'm sure I could have easily spent another 2 hours in there, really soaking it all in.

You can be sure I binge watched the entire series when I got home!

2 comments :

Bella Lulu Ink Blog