Monday, July 27, 2015

Manitoba Marathon

On June 21st, I ran the in the Manitoba Marathon: The Intrepid Design Half-marathon and it was such a great experience! After running the Winnipeg Police Half in May, this was a completely different route, on the other side of the city, a side that I rarely explore, so most of these streets were brand new to me.

It wasn't until the very end that I really felt tired. My legs were fine, but my mind was exhausted, but at the end, I did an amazing sprint and finished with a time of 2:15:39! My goal was between 2:15 and 2:30, so I did exactly how I hoped!

The best part of this race is all the support you get along the way. It really doesn't end! Whether it's random people cheering outside their homes, bands hired to play along the road, the people who hand out beer, or the little "showers" that people set up to cool us down, it's those little things that make the run so much fun and also much easier! My favourite was the band playing at BDI - It was like a party there! It was loud and fun, and the perfect little boost of energy to get through the next couple kilometers.

I was exhausted after the race, but ended up at the beach anyway, and somehow ran into the water, which felt amazing! I can't wait for my next race!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog