Thursday, May 7, 2015

WPS Half Marathon: Total Success!

WOW! I can't even tell you how excited I am about this half marathon! If you remember last year, I ran this WPS Half Marathon and well, it didn't go so well.... And this year? It went amazing!
I was so nervous all week about this race, especially because there are a lot of "dead zones" where there isn't any music or anyone cheering you on and also because of how badly it went last year... But I was determined to crush this one. And I most definitely did!


I ended up running with my ex and I'm honestly so glad we did. (wait... what?! Emilie why? That's so awkward!) Let me back up a bit. We registered for this race together before we broke up and we hadn't talked since, but I saw him run by and I thought why not, so I called him up and asked if he wanted to run together for old times' sake and so we did. Back when we were running buddies, he always pushed me past my limits and he did this time as well. It somehow wasn't awkward at all, we talked the whole way and before we knew it, we had 5km left! We had been running so much faster than we ever had before and faster than I was expecting, so I actually had to call my parents and tell them that I would be done about 30 minutes earlier than I expected, so they could come see me at the finish line!

I was expecting to run this half in about 2.5 hours, since I ran Berlin really fast and the result was 2:19:25, so I was thinking this one would be somewhere in between.... Well I thought wrong.

I ran this half marathon in 2:07:32! That's TWELVE minutes faster than Berlin a month ago, and 23 minutes faster than what I was hoping for!
You can't imagine how surprised I was at my own time! Now, obviously my competitive side will be obsessed with trying to beat that time and hopefully run the next in under 2 hours.

The next race is in a month!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog